Monday 5 May 2014

Commission in the Countryside

'Dolliedaydream' also known as Keri Gray got in touch with me after seeing my illustrations via twitter on my website and in Arkadia magazine. She writes a lovely blog all about fashion and her life by the sea in Dorset.

She needed a new blog header, and of course I was more than happy to oblige. I love taking on commissions and bringing people's ideas into reality.

This drawing also coincided nicely with a family week away in Herefordshire. Drawing and painting is never a chore for me, always a pleasure, so having some time with some extra pairs of hands to help with our 3 little lovelies gave me the opportunity to get drawing!

Have a look at some of the things we got up to in beautiful Herefordshire, and of course Keri's new blog header......

Meeting some wriggly friends

Beautiful girl with some beautiful daffodils in the woods

West Midlands safari park!

Pony riding.

Ludlow Castle

The evenings and time at the holiday house spent drawing, and here's the finished blog header.


Keri wanted to include her love of yoga (she's also a yoga teacher) , life by the sea with her little boy and Chinese Crested powderpuff dog, and of course her passion for fashion. She also requested that I use a colour palette inspired by french patissiere 'La Laduree' who make amazing macaroons in beautiful pastel colours. 

So, there is the finished piece, I am very happy to say she loved it, and I keep having a peep at her blog and feeling a little bit famous, and very pleased with how it looks! 

You can have a look at my commissions page here and if you would like me to make your ideas a reality with my pencils, pens and paint, then I would be thrilled to hear from you. You can get in touch by email at sarah@sarahlovellart.co.uk or via facebook or twitter . 

Thanks for reading, would love to hear what you think if you would like to leave a comment below. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment