Tuesday 25 March 2014

Hillarys Blinds Country Crafts Competition - Adventure through the Giant Poppies

Thanks to 'Craft Blog UK' I saw this competition run by 'Hillarys', who make beautiful blinds and shutters to name a few things, and thought I would give it a go!

I had to choose one of their beautiful fabric designs and 'cut, stitch and blog' my way into their competition. As soon as I saw their selection of fabrics to choose from, and spotted the poppies, I knew straight away what I wanted to create.

I have used the poppies as a backdrop to add some familiar characters (if you've seen my paintings) to. Have a look at the series of pictures below to join my little story. Big thanks to 'Hillarys' for the fabric, and fingers crossed!

The beginning

I start to cut out and place the poppies onto my material

More poppies and some extra flowers using a selection from my stash!

My little family of felt creatures, ready for their adventure.

Putting them all in place

The sewing begins


A little further along and all the animals are in place.

The white horse leading the adventure.

Adding hand stitched detail for the eyes and noses.

And here is the finished piece! 
It measures apx 1metre long by 50 cm wide.

Hope you like it, would love to hear what you think, if you want to leave your comments below, thank you xx




1 comment: