Friday 31 May 2013

Unicorn in a Flower Meadow

I have recently finished a commission for a baby girl's bedroom. I wanted to paint something that would be very pretty and last her for longer than just her baby years.
I came up with the idea of a unicorn in a flower meadow, if you have looked at my art work or read by blog posts, you will know I have a bit of a thing for unicorns! I did a sketch and chatted with her Mummy about it. She really liked the idea, so I got to work.
The canvas is A1 and I used acrylic paint, I am getting very fond of using acrylic, it was a perfect medium for this piece as it leaves a soft satin sheen, and I thought that added nicely to the magical feel of the painting.
I took photos as I went along, so you can have a look how the painting evolved. I was really happy with how it turned out, and so were the recipients. Hopefully it'l be a picture the little girl will remember forever, I still remember the pictures I had in my room when I was little!


Initial sketch


The unicorn takes shape




Sky and the beginnings of the butterflies


Butterflies



And here's the finished piece.

I really like taking on commissions, so if you would like one, I would be really happy to hear from you, and we can discuss what ideas you have, and I can bring them to life for you

email : sarahlovell20@hotmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment